Prieska is a small town on the southern bank of the Orange River, at the foot of the Doringberg, and it is the central point with roads leading to Britstown (130 km), Douglas (130 km) and Marydale (70 km) in the Northern Cape. The name Prieska originated from a Khoisan word which means: “The place of the lost she-goat”. The town was administrated by a village management board and attained municipal status in 1892. The municipality is known as Siyathemba, which means “Our hope”. Prieska is a tranquil town with minimal crime and a secure place to raise your kids.
Prieska has numerous spacious residential stands. It has older historic houses with wooden floors as well as new modern and newly built houses. Many of these properties have boreholes and irrigation-furrows. Adjacent to Prieska are irrigation farms next to the river, and further to the east, west and north are well established sheep, cattle and goat farms. This area is exceptionally suited for game - particularly Springbuck and Kudu. SEEFF Property Prieska boasts an exclusive collection of residential properties in Prieska! Call or email a friendly Seeff agent today for more information on properties in Prieska.
While living in Prieska you can experience long and hot summers with a rainy season that starts early October and ends early April. In winter the mornings and evenings are cold, while the days are sunny and pleasant.
Economics: The town’s main income is generated by irrigation, cattle, sheep and game farms. The railway is still in running and mainly used for the carrying of corn and maize during the harvesting seasons.
Armscor which is situated close to Prieska,and Copperton provides many working opportunities for skilled and unskilled labourers.
The diamond mines around Prieska are also an economic injection for the town as well as the property market.
• Prieska se museum gee ‘n terugblik op vergange se jare met uitstallings van ou plaas gereedskap en huisware.
• Prieska is renowned for its semi precious stones such as the tigers-eye. The municipal offices has a display of the Shumann Rock collection.
• Die Bos natuur reservaat wat teenaan die Oranje rivier gelee is, het hektare wat beplant is met bloekom bome wat ‘n habitat kweek vir water voels en ander diere. Hier is ook piekniek plekke en visvang plekke.
• Wonderdraai is a wonderful freak of nature where the flow of the Orange river has formed an island in the shape of a horse shoe, creating an optical illusion of the river flowing upstream.
• On top of the Prieska Koppie is a Fort which was built by the British soldiers during the Anglo boer War (1899 – 1902). It was build with the popular tiger eye stone.
• The memorial garden situated in town incorp orates graves of British soldiers killed in action during the Angelo Boer War.
• In die distrik rondom Prieska is verskeie plase wat goeie rotskuns versamelings het.
• In the Ria Huysamen Aloe Gaden is a large aray of succulents. Kokerbome kom in die natuurlike habitat voor.
Hoerskool Prieska is die trots van die dorp. Vanaf Graad R tot en met Graad 12 word die volle potensiaal van elke leerder bereik. Verskeie leerders het reeds die skool op provinsiale en nasionale vlak verteenwoordig. Die skool spog ook met ‘n rekord van 18 agtereenvolgende jare met ‘n 100 % Graad 12 slaagsyfer.
Seeff Prieska can assist you with all your property needs, be it residential properties such as vacant stands, family homes or commercial properties. Seeff Prieska has specialist agents who can provide buyers and sellers with all the information they require to make an informed decision regarding any property in Prieska or immediate surrounds.
Address: 1 Van Riebeeck Ave Prieska 8940
Coordinates: -29.666138 , 22.749642
Telephone: 053 353 3501
Mobile: 082 563 6929
Fax: 053 353 1679