This beautiful homestead is the epitome of Cape Colonial living in the Valley of the Vines and boasts glorious views of the mountains and neighbouring vineyards. Set in extensive grounds of two adjacent plots totaling over 18, 926sqm.
The main house has four large bedrooms all en-suite with recently remodeled bathrooms, the fifth bedroom does not have a bathroom but could be easily be converted into a dressing room, upstairs study or a small gym. The main bedroom overlooks the vineyards, has a large dressing room and bathroom. There is a gracious entrance hall, formal lounge, large dining room, comfortable family room, gentleman’s study, guest cloakroom and a farm style kitchen with a family eating area as well as a small walk in pantry and separate scullery. Undercover verandas make entertaining and outdoor living an absolute pleasure. The self-catering pool house/cottage,has two spacious bedrooms both en-suite as well as an open-plan living/ dining room. There is staff cottage which can accommodate three staff members, male and female or two females and a male. The female side has two bedrooms. On the lower half of the property is a small one bedroom cottage also self-catering and en-suite. Both cottages have recently been renovated,have under carpet heating in the bedrooms and bathrooms. The property has a stable block with five stables and a tack room. There is also a swimming pool, flood lit tennis court and well laid out gardens and kitchen herb garden. Buitenzorg is fortunate enough to have automated borehole irrigation. This unique estate is totally secure, fully fenced, has an alarm system, cameras and monitors connected to Verifier and electric fencing. There are ample storerooms, basement and five garages as well as a laundry. All carpeted areas have under carpet heating and the main bedroom is air-conditioned.
• Gracious double volume entrance hall.
• Formal living room with wood burning fireplace and doors opening onto the veranda.
• Large elegant dining room.
• Comfortable family room with fireplace.
• Fitted Gentleman’s study.
• Spacious farm-styled dine-in kitchen with doors opening onto the veranda.
• Walk-in pantry.
• Separate scullery
• Sumptuous main bedroom en-suite overlooking the vineyard, with large dressing room and airconditioning.
• 2 further generous bedrooms both en-suite.
• 4th bedroom (not en-suite), could easily be converted into an upstairs study or small gym.
• 5th ultra-spacious downstairs en-suite bedroom.
• Luxurious main en-suite bathroom.
• 2nd ultra en-suite bathroom, servicing the downstairs bedroom.
• 2 further en-suite bathrooms.
• Guest cloakroom.
Outbuildings and Special Features:
• Excellent flow from the various reception areas to undercover verandas overlooking garden.
• Separate cottage/pool house with 2 spacious en-suite bedrooms, open-plan living and dining room and fully fitted kitchen.
• A further smaller one bedroomeden-suite self-catering cottage is positioned on the lower half of the property.
• Staff cottage which can accommodate 3 staff members.
• Stable block with 5 stables and a tack room.
• Large swimming pool.
• Flood lit tennis court.
• Well laid out gardens and kitchen herb garden.
• Automated borehole irrigation.
• Ample storerooms, basement and 5 car-garaging.
• Separate laundry.
• Extensive security, including electric fencing, alarm system, cameras and monitors connected to Verifier and electric fencing.
• Under floor heating under all carpeted areas.
Two plots available adjacent to each other with the option to buy the 10, 395sqm plot for R49 500 000 with the main homestead, 2 bedroomed pool cottage, pool, floodlit tennis court, staff accommodation and stable block - (Seeff web ref: 438087)